2nd Annual Regenerative Almond Field Day
FEBRUARY 21 - 22, 2023
An interactive learning opportunity to explore resilient almond farming in California
The Regenerative Almond Field Day will grow the movement of resilient farming by convening together farmers, industry leaders, researchers, technical service providers, land & livestock managers, policymakers, and others working toward a healthy and truly regenerative food system.
This interactive field day will offer farmers at every level the opportunity to learn from practitioners on the ground, get the latest information from researchers, ask questions of each other, and connect with folks committed to growing a food system that is healthy for our land and communities.
What to expect:
Tuesday Welcome Program & Dinner | 4 - 8pm
● Hear from leaders in Regenerative Farming including a case study with Burroughs Family Orchards
● Enjoy a delicious locally sourced dinner
● Stay overnight - camping or local lodging
● Regular price: $30 | Farmer price: $15 OR donate-what-you-can*
Wednesday Field Day | 9am - 3pm
● Tour and explore the orchards with field demonstrations
● Learn and connect through farmer-to-farmer panels (see speakers below)
● Hear research updates from experts in the field
● Enjoy meaningful conversation over a nourishing and delicious lunch
● Regular price: $50 | Farmer price: $30 OR donate-what-you-can*
*Donate-what-you-can: we want to make sure this event is accessible to everyone and that money is not a barrier to participation. Please use this ticket type and donate the amount you are comfortable with - no one will be turned away!
Regenerative Almond Field Day
Our speakers include farmers, researchers, and industry leaders who will share what they do, why they do it, and what they have learned along the way.
Benina Montes & Nick Hibma // Burroughs Family Orchards
Christine Gemperle // Gemperle Orchards, Almond Board of California
Eric Harcksen // Harcksen Almond Farms
Joe Gardiner // Gardiner Farms, Treehouse Almonds
Jonathan Lundgren // Ecdysis Foundation
Silas Rossow // California Ag Solutions
Wes Sperry // Sperry Farms
Zack and Montica O’Crawley // O’Crawley Family Farm
Moderated by Tim LaSalle // CSU Chico Center for Regen Ag & Resilient Systems
Burroughs Family Orchards
6800 East Avenue
Ballico, CA 95303
Lodging & Camping
Info coming soon!