I often run out of time in the morning to fix breakfast for myself or my husband as we are running out the door, especially after a full morning of getting kids out the door to school. After I’ve woken everyone up, gotten them through their morning routines, packed lunches, made them breakfast and send them out the door, I often have left myself with very little time to take care of the grown-ups. But I don’t believe in NOT eating breakfast, because it really does start your day off right.
I love the idea of prepping breakfasts ahead of time, but I sometimes I don’t have the time on the weekend to do so. So, the other day, while we were both in a hurry out the door, I quickly threw these omelets together in ramekins and they were ready in less than 2 minutes. The really great part of this recipe is that you can make it with whatever you have on hand. I don’t always have the same veggies every week, so this can vary according to what you do have.
I start with my favorite organic, pastured eggs from Burroughs Family Farms and Grass to Gold Gouda, a little milk, seasonings, and in this case, green onions, but I really wish I’d had bell peppers because I know they would be perfect in this dish. If you have salsa, it would be great as a topping on this post-cooking.
- 2 Burroughs Family Farms eggs
- 2 tbsp milk or milk alternative
- ¼ shredded Burroughs Family Farms Gouda, or your choice of cheese
- 2 spring onions, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot Sauce, to taste (I prefer Tapatio or Cholula with eggs)
- In a ramekin, add eggs, milk, cheese, veggies, s&p, and mix together.
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes, or until eggs are set. Microwave time will vary, based on your microwave, somewhere between one minute to two. Works best if cooked one at a time.
- Add hot sauce and enjoy the perfect start to your day.