People, I present to you Pigs in a Blanket Cake Pops!
A pigs in a blanket that’s pop-able! This definitely was a good idea! I made 3 batches of these for batch-cooking, but my family hit them pretty hard, so we have a few less than I planned on for the week. My thought was to make them ahead of time for quick breakfasts, but they are so easy to make, I could easily make a batch in the morning, too, with prepped ingredients.
I used an entire bag of Pamela’s Gluten-free Baking & Pancake Mix to make approximately 72 cake pops. I make them at the beginning of the week and we eat them for quick fix breakfasts to dip in syrup, throw in a baggie for recess snack, or for a fun breakfast for lunch addition to a lunch box. These are a huge hit and they do not last long, do not let the size of this batch fool you. Your family will gobble these up fast.
- INGREDIENTS: (Makes 72 cake pops)
- 1 22oz. pkg. Pamela’s Gluten-free Baking & Pancake Mix
- 3 Burroughs Family Farms organic, pastured eggs
- 2¼ c coconut milk (or cow, almond, etc)
- 3 tbsp Burroughs Family Farms lemon olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar or alternative sweetener
- 1 tbsp raw honey, optional
- 24 breakfast sausage links, each link cut into 3 equal parts, about ½″
- Generously grease cake pop pan, both the bottom and the top. I prefer to use coconut oil.
- Cook sausage, then cut each sausage into 3 equal pieces. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a large pourable mixing bowl. Mix until all lumps are gone.
- Pour batter into one side of cake pop vessel. I like to fill them generously. Add one piece of sausage.
- Place top on cake pop pan, put brackets in place.
- Bake on 350 for 15-17 minutes, or until cake batter pops out the top.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, remove brackets, gently pull off top ( slide a knife between the top and bottom pan to make it easier to separate them). Using a small rubber spatula or spoon, gently ease the cake pops out, then cool on cooling rack.
- Store in a large glass rectangle glass container with each layer separated by wax paper.