I am always looking for new ways to eat eggs and veggies, and sometimes I am looking for new ways to eat them together. Spaghetti squash is one of the winter squash I struggle with, because most recipes just say to roast it, “fork it,” and eat as a sub for spaghetti noodles. Sure, there are some fancier ways out there, but I was trying to think of a way to eat spaghetti squash for breakfast, and spaghetti just didn’t sound good to me. But since I had Burroughs Family Farms eggs and olive oil on hand and a whole lot of spaghetti squash that needed to be cooked, and this is what I came up with: Spicy Scrambled Spaghetti Squash. Just roast the squash, pan fry it, and then scramble eggs into it. It’s great as-is, or with more added veggies, seasonings, or cheese.
Oh my gourd! This is out of this world.
Make it! Eat it! You’ll be so glad you have a new fancy way to eat your squash and it is a great way to sneak in veggies for your kids.
First you’ll need to Roast A Spicy Spaghetti Squash! It’s a really easy!
And then follow the recipe below. You’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it first!
- 1.5 C Roasted and spaghettied squash
- 1 T Burroughs Family Farms Organic Olive Oil
- 6 Burroughs Family Farms organic eggs
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In a well oiled cast iron pan, heat olive oil over medium-high, then add just spaghetti squash and cook until crispy.
- Take your eggs and beat them, turn down pan to medium, add eggs and seasonings, mix into spaghetti squash, and cook until desired doneness of eggs.
- Serve with bacon and fruits or veggies, and always coffee.