If you’ve been paying attention to Social Media lately, you’ve probably seen all the new food videos appearing everywhere. Nothing motivates me to bake faster than the suggestion of an easy chocolate recipe video crossing my newsfeed at 10:00pm! I saw this recipe from Enjoy Life Foods last night, and knew it had to be made immediately!
We subbed in Burroughs Family Farms organic almond butter, in place of sunflower seed butter, traditional graham crackers, and organic coconut flakes, in place of quinoa flakes. It was really easy to throw together and tastes great. Since these are ingredients I usually have on-hand, this will be something we will make often!
If you need a quick dessert, or a chocolate-fix, this is the recipe for you!
- ¼ c. Spectrum shortening, softened
- ¼ c. Burroughs Family Farms organic creamy almond butter
- 1 c. crushed graham crackers (we like gluten free varieties for this)
- 2 T. flaked coconut (we use Let's Do Organics)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. Burroughs Family Farms organic creamy almond butter
- ½ c. Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips
- Mix softened shortening*, creamy almond butter, crushed grahams**, coconut flakes and powdered sugar. Press into an 8x8-baking dish.
- Warm the remaining almond butter with the chocolate and mix together until completely blended.
- Pour the almond butter and chocolate mixture over the graham base and smooth with a spatula.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, cut into bars and enjoy!
- We loved these in lunch boxes the next day!
**I also pulverized my grahams in my Vitamin, because it took seconds.